Toaster ovens are one of the most versatile kitchen appliances one can have. While the main function is to toast bread, a toaster oven can do a lot more. In fact it can be a perfect replacement to an otherwise expensive microwave for smaller homes. Before you look for the best rated toaster oven, we have some simple tips with regards to use and purchase.
The amazing versatile uses
- Firstly, you can use toaster ovens to warm plates before serving. Unlike many microwaves, which have a high initial setting, ovens are perfect for heating plants. You can set the oven at around 160o and heat the plates for like five minutes.
- Toast your dry fruits. If you want to have dry fruits and nuts warm, a toaster oven is a great choice. Just make sure that you toss the nuts every five minutes, before you get the perfect feel.
- Such ovens can be used for variety of baking needs. One can enjoy small batches of muffins and cookies, and if the model is slightly large, one can make mini cakes, as well.
- You can make easy meals with the right ingredients. Take some of the veggies sliced in smaller cubes with some shredded chicken and thinly sliced fish pieces on a tray. Add some olive oil, pepper, salt and other herbs you like and bake for a few minutes. Voila! Your quick and healthy meal is ready.
- You can also use the oven for re-heating other leftover foods, such as pizzas and garlic bread. Toaster ovens are ideal for defrosting frozen ingredients, and if you are in mood for quick snacks, you can bake French fries or simple potatoes, as well. On many homes, ovens are used to make the side dishes required for full meals.
Choosing between available models
As mentioned, there are a wide range of toaster ovens in the market, and you have to be smart enough to pick the right one. Start by looking for models that have been rated well by top websites like Mess Makes Food. This will just help in creating a shortlist. The first thing to check is the range of functions and presets available. Presets are designed to make cooking easier, and the more you have, the better it is. However, do keep in mind that extreme number of functions may mean more confusions, so if you are not sure of how to use the oven, you might want a simple one. It is also wise to ensure that the model has auto-shut off and has a loud alarm/notification bell. Both the features ensure that the food isn’t burned or overcooked when you are out of the kitchen.
If you have any confusion, always check the reviews from experts and other users. The manual should give a quick idea about the use of a toaster oven, and for those who are buying online, it is best to check for the description and compare the models in the light of pros and cons.
Author Bio: Lauren Brown is a known expert on kitchen appliances and has worked with websites and blogs as a guest author on this niche. He is often known for his extensive reviews and detailed model analysis.