Beef jerky is well known for its high content in proteins which is vital for the growth of a human body. It is mostly loved by travelers as this food can be conveniently taken from one place to another while on journeys. So, here are some beef jerky recipe for your commute.
Biercamp Pastrami Jerky
- Cut meat into thin strips ( ¼ – ½ inch thick) with the help of a sharp knife
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and pureed garlic into a ziplock bag.
- Add the striped meat in it and marinate it in the fridge overnight.
- Then, remove the marinated chicken from the fridge and bring it to the room temperature.
- Next, pre-heat the oven to 180°F. Place a sheet tray at the bottom of the oven and spray oven racks with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Put the marinated pieces side by side across the racks. Make sure to leave a little room between each strip.
- Sprinkle cracked pepper and coriander over meat until coated. More the spices, spicier the meat.
- Also, make sure to leave the oven open to maintain the temperature. Cook until completely dry. It will take up to 2 to 4 hours.
- With a sharp knife, slice the turkey breast into thin strips.
- Put the meat strips on a sheet pan and cover it with jerky marinade.
- Put it in the refrigerator for at least 8 to 12 hours.
- Then place it in the oven at 200°F for 30 to 40 minutes approximately until it is dry and golden.
Jerk n Pickle Black Pepper Jerky
- Combine soy sauce, Worchester sauce, juiced carrots, celery and fresh ginger and diced garlic.
- Blend brown sugar, black pepper corns, onion powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, and crushed red pepper.
- Add this blended material to the saucey mixture.
- Put the strip meat pieces, apply the marinade over it and refrigerate it overnight for at least 10 to 12 hours.
- Now put this into a home dehydrator or place it into an oven at 150°F for 6 hours. Check in between if needed.
Side Project Mongolian Jerky
- This dish will be prepared using a home dehydrator, if you do not have one, an oven set at a low temperature would also work.
- Cut the meat into strips.
- Whisk tamari/soy sauce, light brown sugar, minced ginger and garlic, sesame oil and ground pepper in a large container.
- Soak the strips completely in the marinade. Refrigerate it for 12 hours.
- Place the strips in the home dehydrator or on baking racks of your oven.
- If you are using a dehydrator, sprinkle sesame seeds over your meat. If you are using an oven, cook it at a temperature of 170°F for 10-12 hours.